Author Topic: How to use BBCode for Gallery Tooltips in the Forum!  (Read 3645 times)

Offline Treschonde

• Jedi Knight
  • Force: 85
  • Lead Designer/Coder
How to use BBCode for Gallery Tooltips in the Forum!
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:05:12 PM »
--
What Is It?

The tooltips are a new way of including the entire Gallery into the forum.  Let's say you're talking about the Millennium Falcon in a post, now you can include a link directly to our Gallery, showing all the stats for it.  The tooltips work for every card and ship in our database.

How Do I Use It?

There are 2 methods for including a Gallery Tooltip (we'll call it GT now).

Method #1

The first two I'll introduce to you are the ones you should use whenever you can.  This GT code will do two things.  Firstly, if you hover over the link, it will create a popup with the card or ship info without opening a new window.  The link itself can also be clicked to open the information into a new popup window, so that you can keep the information open.

To use these, you must know the Set and Number of the card or ship you want to show.  To find these, you can look at the cards themselves, or in our Gallery.  For example, hover over (or click) the Millennium Falcon link below:

Millennium Falcon

Notice at the top that it says "ship23".  Always disregard the "ship" or "card" part.  So in this case, all we need is "23" because it is from the base set.  Now look at a Ground Assault unit below:

K33 Division AAT

This time, the top says "shipga08b".  Again, we disregard the "ship", and we have "ga08b".  This means Ground Assault, ship #08b.

So now you know what to look for, here's the example code for including a card and ship!

[shipnum=ga08b]K33 Division AAT[/shipnum]
K33 Division AAT

[cardnum=ga002]Aerial Assault[/cardnum]
Aerial Assault

---
Method #2

The second way you can display the information will only do the rollover tooltip, it will not create a clickable link.  The bonus of this way is that you only need to know the Name of whatever you want to display.  If there are multiple cards or ships with the same name, it will only choose the first one.  For multiple-named items, you should use the Number method described above instead.

So use the examples below as guides:

[ship]K33 Division AAT[/ship]
[ship]K33 Division AAT[/ship]

[card]Aerial Assault[/card]
[card]Aerial Assault[/card]

Notice the name of the BBCode is different, and all you need is the Name of the ship or card.

Current Browser Issues

Unfortunately there are some existing browser issues which I am still trying to correct.

Method #1 will work across all browsers because the link is clickable, opening a popup window.  Some users may not see the tooltip, but they can always click the link.

Method #2 only displays the tooltip, without providing a link.  Currently the tooltip works in Firefox (any version), and Internet Explorer 6.  Browsers that are not displaying the tooltip are Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 2.x.

Hopefully everyone enjoys this new forum feature, despite its flaws.  I'll be working on them as soon as I can!
-
Treshconde
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 07:06:37 PM by Treschonde »
<a href="http://www.swpocketmodels.com/awesomebruce.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.swpocketmodels.com/awesomebruce.swf</a>

Offline grimunderworld

• Development Group
  • Force: 101
  • Does it get any better than this? I think not...
Re: New BBCode for Gallery Tooltips in the Forum!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 10:30:36 PM »
Awesome, great work man.  Keep it up.

Thanks,
C

slightlyiffy - "AT-AT, so good, they named it twice."

"Sue the guard up the lake, There's a sawdust and pizza, Yoda"

I are a force whore

Offline Treschonde

• Jedi Knight
  • Lead Designer/Coder
Re: How to use BBCode for Gallery Tooltips in the Forum!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 04:17:34 PM »
New Card BBCode

This new code will directly post the image into your post, rather than creating a tooltip.  Since few people are using the tooltip, perhaps this is a preferable alternative?  Anyhow, it works similar to [cardnum].  You can find the card's number in the Gallery.

You will need the set code, and the number for the card.  Such as:

[c]ga040[/c]

BaseSet = no letter
Ground Assault = ga
Order 66 = o

Examples:

[c]o060[/c] for the Order 66 Yoda objective (one of the cards we previewed)
[c]ga040[/c] for Theed Royal Palace from GA
[c]110[/c] is Senate Chambers from Baseset

[c]ga040[/c]
<a href="http://www.swpocketmodels.com/awesomebruce.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.swpocketmodels.com/awesomebruce.swf</a>

Offline Treschonde

• Jedi Knight
  • Lead Designer/Coder
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 04:37:23 PM »
The same can be done for ships as well, same format as cards.. bbcode is [sh]###[/sh]

[sh]ga01a[/sh]

Offline Porpman

• Administrator
  • Force: 179
  • "Got +Force?"
    • Porpoise Pond
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 06:41:01 PM »
That's awesome bro. I use the code frequently when I'm making references in rulings. I also have them utilized in my trade list and in my builds lists (which I'm currently working on). This'll make things easier for everyone overall I think though, because the pop-up tooltips don't work in every browser.

For Help and Links go to the Jedi Temple

Offline grimunderworld

• Development Group
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 11:06:57 PM »
[sh]###[/sh]

Something about this looks wrong.

I are a force whore

Offline Treschonde

• Jedi Knight
  • Lead Designer/Coder
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 09:22:12 AM »

Something about this looks wrong.

Ship is [sh] only because [s] is already taken by "strikeout".

Offline grimunderworld

• Development Group
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 01:43:30 PM »
Current Browser Issues

Unfortunately there are some existing browser issues which I am still trying to correct.

Method #1 will work across all browsers because the link is clickable, opening a popup window.  Some users may not see the tooltip, but they can always click the link.

Hopefully everyone enjoys this new forum feature, despite its flaws.  I'll be working on them as soon as I can!
-
Treshconde

I am using IE 7 and have access to Firefox 3.  The link is there but when I hover over it, I do not get a pop-up.  I never have been able to view the ships/cards using either of these methods.  Even when I click on the link, nothing happens and on the bottom of the screen (just above the "Start" menu) it says "error on page".  Any tips?

I are a force whore

Offline mattyh

• Master's Apprentice
  • Force: 89
  • So be it.
    • Star Wars Pocketmodels Community
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 12:27:27 PM »
Can you post the error it is giving? I've noticed that in Safari at least I have to move the mouse around on top of the link before the popup will show.
Admin

Offline ender4449

• Jedi Knight
  • Force: 22
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 06:22:36 PM »
has CWT been added yet if not oh well and Ki-Adi-Mundi and Stass Allie links seem to be broken

Edit: stupid mistake on my part they work fine..... I typed them in wrong /Edit
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:47:17 PM by ender4449 »
"Fix it 'till it breaks" -^^

Offline Donosis

• Development Group
  • Force: 40
  • Galaxy .ent "Your Galactic supplier."
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 07:01:43 PM »

What are the letters used? The BBC code doesn't work for me.
"In these times, a smile from a Jedi is a hopeful sign."―Cal Omas
"I'm in control. I make the rules now." - Cad Bane
"Jedi, huh? My fee just went up. A lot." - Cad Bane
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one." - Skipper

Offline ender4449

• Jedi Knight
  • Force: 22
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 09:01:38 PM »
The Bold information is used for both method #1 and Method #3
Remove the & symbol from the code and it will work
If the ship is the only one on a card like Tantive IV then do not place the a,b,c,or d part of XXa, XXb, XXc, or XXd

For Method #1

**Units**

Base set [shipnum=00a]Ship Name[/shipnum&]

Promo Units [shipnum=p00a]Ship Name[/shipnum&] (this took trial and error on my part)

Ground Assault [shipnum=ga00a]Ship Name[/shipnum&]

Order 66 [shipnum=o00a]Ship Name[/shipnum&] (*note: on this one you put a lower case o in front of the unit's number)

Scum and Villiany [shipnum=sv00a]Ship Name[/shipnum&] (*note: there is no & or and in the set id for BBC for this set)

Clone Wars [shipnum=cw00a]Ship Name[/shipnum&]

**From here on out the units in these sets are not BBC ready**

The Force Unleashed [shipnum=tfu00a]Ship Name[/shipnum&] (*note: I am not quite sure on this set's id)

Clone Wars Tactics [shipnum=cwt00a]Ship Name[/shipnum&]

**Cards**
Cards follow the same pattern as the units but have a slightly different code and use 3 0's instead of 2 0's and possibly a lower case letter

Base set [cardnum=000]Card Name[/cardnum&]

Promo Cards [cardnum=p000]Card Name[/cardnum&] (this took trial and error on my part)

Ground Assault [cardnum=ga000]Card Name[/cardnum&]

Order 66 [cardnum=o000]Card Name[/cardnum&] (*note: on this one you put a lower case o in front of the unit's number)

Scum and Villiany [cardnum=sv000]Card Name[/cardnum&] (*note: there is no & or and in the set id for BBC for this set)

Clone Wars [cardnum=cw000]Card Name[/cardnum&]

**From here on out the cards in these sets are not BBC ready**

The Force Unleashed [cardnum=tfu000]Card Name[/cardnum&] (*note: I am not quite sure on this set's id)

Clone Wars Tactics [cardnum=cwt000]Card Name[/cardnum&]

Method #2 is pretty straight forward so I won't go into it unless some one wants me too

Method #3
This is very similar to Method #1 however it provides a picture directly in you post
If there are some issues with the way I have described this method let me know since I have never used this method, and I will figure it out. :)

Base set [sh]00a[/sh&]

Promo Units [sh]p00a[/sh&]

Ground Assault [sh]ga00a[/sh&]

Order 66 [sh]o00a[/sh&] (*note: on this one you put a lower case o in front of the unit's number)

Scum and Villiany [sh]sv00a[/sh&] (*note: there is no & or and in the set id for BBC for this set)

Clone Wars [sh]cw00a[/sh&]

The Force Unleashed [sh]tfu00a[/sh&] (*note: I am not quite sure on this set's id)

Clone Wars Tactics [sh]cwt00a[/sh&]

**Cards**
Cards follow the same pattern as the units but have a slightly different code and use 3 0's instead of 2 0's and possibly a lower case letter

Base set [c]000[/c&]

Promo Cards [c]p000[/c&]

Ground Assault [c]ga000[/c&]

Order 66 [c]o000[/c&] (*note: on this one you put a lower case o in front of the unit's number)

Scum and Villiany [c]sv000[/c&] (*note: there is no & or and in the set id for BBC for this set)

Clone Wars [c]cw000[/c&]

**From here on out the cards in these sets are not BBC ready**

The Force Unleashed [c]tfu000[/c&] (*note: I am not quite sure on this set's id)

Clone Wars Tactics [c]cwt000[/c&]

................ and + :force: to Tresch for providing this wonderful guide and helping everyone with showing off their builds.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 09:37:56 PM by ender4449 »
"Fix it 'till it breaks" -^^

Offline gethralkin

• Administrator
  • Force: 139
  • "Hey... It's me!"
    • Star Wars PocketModel TCG Online
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 07:39:02 AM »

The Force Unleashed [shipnum=tfu00a]Ship Name[/shipnum&] (*note: I am not quite sure on this set's id)

The TFU tin releases were included in the SW expansion.