July 31, 2014, 08:43:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congratulations to Donosis and Paul Larcom! Donosis won First Place for his Predator-class starfighter design and Paul Larcom received the Admin's Choice Award for his Malevolence. Both will receive Mega PocketModel versions of their units based on their designs. Great job guys! Join us on Facebook!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all Custom Playmats  (Read 1568 times)
mattyh
Dark Lord of this Site
Trade Count: (8)
Master's Apprentice

Force: 89

So be it.

« on: July 09, 2007, 01:18:40 PM »

I posted an invitation in the Wizkids forums offering to host any custom playmats people had designed.  I just got finished editing a decent php script for rating the mats, and I thought it would be nice to have all of the mats in one location.  Hopefully, some authors will get back to me about it. 

If you are an author of a mat and would like to host it here, feel free to PM me or email me at swpmadmin@gmail.com along with the instructions you would like included for people to print it out.  If the image is < 20mb feel free to attach it.

Admin
mattyh
Dark Lord of this Site
Master's Apprentice

So be it.

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:54:59 AM »

Some great maps have been sent in, and I am in the process of uploading them.  The first one is available already, check them out and make sure to rate them!

I'm going to try and find a way to make their rating available on the listing page instead of just the actual map page.

Admin
Phantom Regiment Fan
Trade Count: (2)
Padawan

Force: 4

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 08:39:12 PM »

Yay! Keep up the great work!

Smaug317
Trade Count: (9)
Jedi

Force: 16

"He doesn't like you. I don't like you either."

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 08:43:52 PM »

Yay! Keep up the great work!

Yeah, Awesome maps!

"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are."

Trade List
stlnprfln
Development Group
Trade Count: (11)

Force: 55

Woo Woo Woo... You Know It.

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 08:45:01 PM »

We have no Kinkos here but there is a place my wife told me about called Fast Copy. I called them to see about getting the 2 home zones Shadd made printed. I described what I wanted & the girl says, "Do you want that in color?" Huh? Uh... no I want this map with pictures on it in black & white. Of course I want it in color. So she says, "Well that would cost more." Something in my voice must have screamed government cheese & food stamps to this chick but I was like "That's fine just tell me how much?". She said a 24 by 18 is $19.99. Well I repeated the part about it being a 26 by 9 & asked again how much. She puts me on hold. Comes back to say...you guessed it..$19.99!! WOW Roll Eyes Then I ask what type of material they print on. Exact words.."Shiny Heavy Like Paper"  Shocked This place was really lucky the day it hired an actual ROCKET SCIENTIST to answer the phones. I politely said thank you & hung up before my natural smart alec snide remark making side reemerged & let something slip out that would have had the very knowledgeable young lady in tears. South Georgia man, you gotta love it. But the lesseon learned is that to get the two home zones Shadd made printed would be about $40. I will try to find another printer shop when I go home Sunday since there I have a phone book of the big city that is close to me with all the big stores. Still not sure what kind of material shiny heavy like paper is but...  Huh?

2013 SWPM WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!

I made the 12 hour drive. I showed up to the tournament. I was undefeated. Prove me wrong!!!
Shadd
Trade Count: (0)
Recruit

H Tan, H Epi Tas

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 09:17:16 PM »

We have no Kinkos here but there is a place my wife told me about called Fast Copy. I called them to see about getting the 2 home zones Shadd made printed. I described what I wanted & the girl says, "Do you want that in color?" Huh? Uh... no I want this map with pictures on it in black & white. Of course I want it in color. So she says, "Well that would cost more." Something in my voice must have screamed government cheese & food stamps to this chick but I was like "That's fine just tell me how much?". She said a 24 by 18 is $19.99. Well I repeated the part about it being a 26 by 9 & asked again how much. She puts me on hold. Comes back to say...you guessed it..$19.99!! WOW Roll Eyes Then I ask what type of material they print on. Exact words.."Shiny Heavy Like Paper"  Shocked This place was really lucky the day it hired an actual ROCKET SCIENTIST to answer the phones. I politely said thank you & hung up before my natural smart alec snide remark making side reemerged & let something slip out that would have had the very knowledgeable young lady in tears. South Georgia man, you gotta love it. But the lesseon learned is that to get the two home zones Shadd made printed would be about $40. I will try to find another printer shop when I go home Sunday since there I have a phone book of the big city that is close to me with all the big stores. Still not sure what kind of material shiny heavy like paper is but...  Huh?

LOL!

If you would like, I will have the Kinkos here print them and I will send them to you.  I'm sure you could call kinkos to pay with your CC if you are cool with that.  Or send me some cheese and food stamps.  Grin
stlnprfln
Development Group

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 09:29:33 PM »

Thanks for the offer. Let me check around here & if nothing looks better I will definately do that.  Grin

I made the 12 hour drive. I showed up to the tournament. I was undefeated. Prove me wrong!!!
Shadd
Recruit

H Tan, H Epi Tas

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 11:41:07 PM »

Well I repeated the part about it being a 26 by 9 & asked again how much.

Hello Stlnprfln,

That map is 24" x 9" (2400x900 pix)and will be 1.5 square feet.

I'll ask SWP to change the description.
stlnprfln
Development Group

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 02:11:49 AM »

Cool that will help with my search. Thanks yo. Cool

mattyh
Dark Lord of this Site
Master's Apprentice

So be it.

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 02:20:54 AM »

*fixed*  Grin

Admin
Greenosaur
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (60)

Force: 128

The Man, The Myth, The Legend.....

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 04:23:08 PM »

Hate to ask this, cause it seems everyone has it down pat. I am wanting to get some of the playmats printed up. So my questions are, Are you guys putting them on a old hard disk, then taking them to kinko's to get blown up? or...?  Also, Whats it costin on average to get these blown up in color?  I had a few D&D Maps blown up about a year ago, (had to go to some hole in the wall place cause noone would copy/blow up anything with a copyright on it. Cost me like 20 bucks.

Thanks in Advance!

Greenosaur
chris2027
Recruit

Force: 0

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 05:54:39 AM »

For the printing problem or cost. It is possible for the creator of those map to up load them to CAFEPRESS like that everybody could order them printed in one piece and have it laminated at Kinkos or other places.
As a player of SWminiatures also, it is commun to have some of those maps available in that web sitehttp://www.cafepress.com/.

Beside cafe press, lot of those creators of map have those avaible to download by the fan in several segments.

Check those web site for space maps:
http://www.swminiatures.com/ 
http://www.wizards.com/ the forum is the source of maps

I will post later more maps to download.

Enjoy

bigdoginit
Recruit

Force: 0

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 07:51:31 PM »

Had 3 mats printed on what Kinkos calls outdoor vinyl. Their "indoor" vinyl is the heavy glossy paper. The "outdoor" is the thicker cloth like stuff. The outdoor material leaves the image a little faded with a flat finish but more durable. Once I got em home I hit them with a gloss protective coating and they look great. Price was $7.00 a sq ft for the indoor and $8.00 a sq ft for the outdoor. Printed them all at 24" X 9". Took them about 3 hrs to complete.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: