Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Model Master

• One With the Force
  • Force: 60
  • Let's Go Red Sox, Let's Go! (Insert Clapping Here)
    • The Boston Red Sox
Marvel Cinematic Universe
« on: May 16, 2010, 09:41:15 AM »
Here is a topic to discuss all of the movies in the "Marvel Cinematic Universe".  The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is comprised of the films created by Marvel Studios themselves, and take place in an interlinked universe. Events that happen in one film tend to carry over to the other films, and there movies are always referencing the fact that they exist in the same universe, sometimes subtly, sometimes in large, impacting ways. So anyways, this topic can be used to discuss all of these movies that make up this great and well rounded universe.

Films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Phase One:
Iron Man (2008)
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
Thor (2011)
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
The Avengers (2012)

Phase Two:

Iron Man 3 (2013)
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Phase Three:

Ant-Man (2015)
Doctor Strange (20??)

Marvel-One Shots

The Consultant (2011)
A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Thor's Hammer (2011)
Item 47 (2012)
Agent Carter (2013)

Television Series

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:45:14 AM by Model Master »

Offline gethralkin

• Administrator
  • Force: 139
  • "Hey... It's me!"
    • Star Wars PocketModel TCG Online
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 12:31:27 PM »
Just saw the IM2, and the sitting through the end credits was well worth the wait.

Offline grimunderworld

• Development Group
  • Force: 101
  • Does it get any better than this? I think not...
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 07:58:57 AM »
Very much so...don't want to spoil anything, but the movie was great.  I like when he peed himself...

slightlyiffy - "AT-AT, so good, they named it twice."

"Sue the guard up the lake, There's a sawdust and pizza, Yoda"

I are a force whore

Offline slightlyiffy

• Development Group
  • Force: 56
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »
...don't want to spoil anything, .....  I like when he peed himself...

LOL

I like to watch them & educate the wife with Stan's cameos ... gotta love his "Heff"  :)

............. "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

:fett:  Trades here for my 10 11 12 13 14 15 year old's battle fleets  :maul:

Offline Model Master

• One With the Force
    • The Boston Red Sox
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 03:25:15 PM »
My hopes for an after credit scene in Thor: Show to ending scene of The Incredible Hulk with Banner smiling in the countdown reaching zero, but instead of cutting to the bar scene, cut to Loki smiling, and laughing, showing that he has control of the Hulk.

Offline Model Master

• One With the Force
    • The Boston Red Sox
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 02:24:08 PM »
Figured that, with The Avengers coming out in a few weeks, I might as well update this thread. I for one am very, very excited! I've been waiting for this since 2008 when the first Iron Man movie came out, and its looking like its going to be incredible! I'm even planning one watching all of the movies and the two One-Shots (short films found on the Thor and Captain America Blu Rays) in chronological order leading up to The Avengers' release! Really excited for this movie!

Anyone else a fan of these films?

Also, is there any chance that this thread can be moved over to the Sci-Fi section? I know that on the surface these are superhero movies rather than traditional Science Fiction, but the MCU itself is very grounded in scientific routes. Even the more fantastical films like Thor rely on science to tell their stories, even going as far as to say that the Asgardians' "magic" is really just science that humans can not comprehend.

Offline stlnprfln

• Development Group
  • Woo Woo Woo... You Know It.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 11:24:21 PM »
Found this while checking out things to do in Panama City, FL this weekend. I am close to the theatre in Macon so I will probably make the 1 & a half trip then after the last movie drive the 30 min to my Mom's house for a visit for that weekend. If there is a theatre near you guys you might be able to catch it. Looks awesome to me. Yes we seen all the movies cept Avengers already but to see them all in the theatre again not to metion all in one day will be awesome. Plus Thor Cap & Avengers are all in 3D. Sweet.

http://thegrandtheatre.com/movies/?id=4963&set=soon

2013 SWPM WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!

I made the 12 hour drive. I showed up to the tournament. I was undefeated. Prove me wrong!!!

Offline Model Master

• One With the Force
    • The Boston Red Sox
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 05:26:57 AM »
I've heard about that, sounds awesome, but there's none near me. That's why I'd doing it at home with the Blu Ray.

Also, anyone else hear that they are planning on taking this film universe to more cosmic levels as well? If all goes according to Marvel's plans, they would like to make some movies dealing with space based heroes. Thor already set the stage for this, but it would be cool if they expanded upon it with things like Guardians of the Galaxy and The Inhummans (both of which are films that have already been rumored).

Also, anyone hoping that they're building up to something big with the Infinity Gauntlet?

It made a brief cameo appearance in Thor, and some people are speculating that the gem in Loki's weapon in The Avengers might come from this. I think that it would make for a pretty cool plot device somewhere down the line.

Offline gethralkin

• Administrator
  • "Hey... It's me!"
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 10:04:23 AM »
I've heard about that, sounds awesome, but there's none near me. That's why I'd doing it at home with the Blu Ray.

Also, anyone else hear that they are planning on taking this film universe to more cosmic levels as well? If all goes according to Marvel's plans, they would like to make some movies dealing with space based heroes. Thor already set the stage for this, but it would be cool if they expanded upon it with things like Guardians of the Galaxy and The Inhummans (both of which are films that have already been rumored).

Also, anyone hoping that they're building up to something big with the Infinity Gauntlet?

It made a brief cameo appearance in Thor, and some people are speculating that the gem in Loki's weapon in The Avengers might come from this. I think that it would make for a pretty cool plot device somewhere down the line.

Ooh, yeah! That could very well be the Infinity Sword gem. If they follow the story out to the restoration of Nemesis, that would be interesting to see. They would just need Sersi on the Avengers team. Does anyone think she looks a little bit like Selma Blair?

Sersi

Selma Blair

Offline gethralkin

• Administrator
  • "Hey... It's me!"
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 10:06:12 AM »
Found this while checking out things to do in Panama City, FL this weekend. I am close to the theatre in Macon so I will probably make the 1 & a half trip then after the last movie drive the 30 min to my Mom's house for a visit for that weekend. If there is a theatre near you guys you might be able to catch it. Looks awesome to me. Yes we seen all the movies cept Avengers already but to see them all in the theatre again not to metion all in one day will be awesome. Plus Thor Cap & Avengers are all in 3D. Sweet.

http://thegrandtheatre.com/movies/?id=4963&set=soon

Awesome! I would have loved to have seen those in 3D. I just found out where the one closest to me is and it's actually two blocks away! I need to get off campus more...

Offline Model Master

• One With the Force
    • The Boston Red Sox
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 04:23:55 PM »
Today Kevin Feige talked a bit more about a possible Guardians of the Galaxy movie:
http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/186641-exclusive-kevin-feige-spills-guardians-of-the-galaxy-news
I think Guarians of the Galaxy could be cool to see on screen. I'd love to see more space stories, especially if it has the potential of leading up to a massive Thanos/infinity Gauntlet film :D

But, I wouldn't mind if this one gets a 2015 release rather than the open 2014 slot. I'd like to see Doctor Strange first, I think :)

Offline stlnprfln

• Development Group
  • Woo Woo Woo... You Know It.
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 02:33:56 AM »
Just saw midnight showing of Avengers. AWESOME!! Dude if you don't see this one, you gots problems. And stay until after both sets of credits or you will be sorry.

2013 SWPM WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!

I made the 12 hour drive. I showed up to the tournament. I was undefeated. Prove me wrong!!!

Offline Model Master

• One With the Force
    • The Boston Red Sox
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 05:42:56 AM »
I saw it at midnight as well! Blew me away!

Offline Donosis

• Development Group
  • Force: 40
  • Galaxy .ent "Your Galactic supplier."
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 10:20:32 AM »

I saw it at midnight too!  IT.  WAS.  EPIC!!!
"In these times, a smile from a Jedi is a hopeful sign."―Cal Omas
"I'm in control. I make the rules now." - Cad Bane
"Jedi, huh? My fee just went up. A lot." - Cad Bane
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one." - Skipper

Offline Model Master

• One With the Force
    • The Boston Red Sox
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 06:58:13 PM »
The scene from the middle of the credits has me very excited for whatever Marvel has up their sleeves now :D

Also, I felt absolutely terrible during a certain scene, when a certain something happened to one of my favorite characters... :'( I don't want to say anything because I don't want to spoil for people who haven't seen it, but it was very sad...