Author Topic: Community CIS/Battledroid Theme Fleet  (Read 1585 times)

Offline slightlyiffy

• Development Group
  • Force: 56
Community CIS/Battledroid Theme Fleet
« on: October 27, 2010, 11:31:30 AM »
This section of the forums has always been 1 of my favourites thanx to all the members that have posted their derriere-kicking fleets & decks.

I've been toying with the idea of a faction pure  :confed: - single icon :bdroid: build featuring a decent Cap ship of the Acquisitor sort - overtones of the Naboo scenes from Ep 1.

It also needs a decent Landing Craft, some fighters & possibly a few STAPS, Tank & Spider droids to round off the theme.

So what I would like is for the current crop of active members to help me come up with the "perfect" CIS/Battledroid build of 30  :star: of ships & 30 cards [which hopefully we will have 3x each of !]

And if that's not cheeky enough, once we have it nailed down I'll put 1 together & challenge TSB to a match [his choice of build - which you guys could suggest also if you wanted] & we'll post some pics etc of the action.

Sound good - sounds great :)

:fett:

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 08:21:31 AM by slightlyiffy »
............. "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

:fett:  Trades here for my 10 11 12 13 14 15 year old's battle fleets  :maul:

Offline Donosis

• Development Group
  • Force: 40
  • Galaxy .ent "Your Galactic supplier."
Re: Community CIS/Battledroid Theme Fleet
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 06:21:35 PM »

I'm game, as long as you can wait until the weekend.  This is a busy week for me school wise.
"In these times, a smile from a Jedi is a hopeful sign."―Cal Omas
"I'm in control. I make the rules now." - Cad Bane
"Jedi, huh? My fee just went up. A lot." - Cad Bane
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one." - Skipper

Offline slightlyiffy

• Development Group
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 11:49:48 AM »

aye mate - this isn't a rush-job at all - I'm hoping we can bring a CIS fleet into life that can hold it's own without being a deck full of golden oldies but ideally to use cards & ships from the newer expansions.

I figure a few card deviations from  :bdroid:  are unavoidable  & some of the persistent abilites [such as   :carrier:  ] are probably worth adding to the deck too.

With the combined knowledge & fleet skills of the various members I think we will create a truly great CIS themed fleet & deck.

Offline Model Master

• One With the Force
  • Force: 60
  • Let's Go Red Sox, Let's Go! (Insert Clapping Here)
    • The Boston Red Sox
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 03:46:06 PM »
For TSB's deck, he should do purely  :republic: with this  :trooper: icon.

Offline E_Lair

• Development Group
  • Force: 55
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 05:43:19 PM »
For TSB's deck, he should do purely  :republic: with this  :trooper: icon.

Actually, I was thinking that a :republic: :command: :dogfight: build would be interesting.
There's been the odd attempt, but I've never seen a really decent build using either of these icons, and they were designed to have a natural synergy...

Offline E_Lair

• Development Group
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 06:43:17 PM »
As far as a CIS build is concerned:

There was an attempt at a discussion of this in the ?CIS fleet? thread further down this sub-forum.
Fleets that might be of interest here:
Rogue4?s ?Rise of the Confederacy? ? essentially a battledroid swarm
http://swpocketmodels.com/forum/index.php?topic=1614.0
It includes a couple of Lucrehulks, but doesn?t make use of the interesting later cards.

My own C78 Div. Build ? intended as an objective-strike build
http://swpocketmodels.com/forum/index.php?topic=3242.0
This doesn?t use Lucrehulks, but they could easily be brought in to work with Probe Droid.

There?s also pganascar?s ?Battle Droid Ground Force? build, but I?m assuming that a pure ground build won?t quite cut it here...
http://swpocketmodels.com/forum/index.php?topic=2196.0

Looking at specifics:
Apart from the obvious combat cards:
Probe Droid is pretty much  a no-brainer here, IMO.
Asajj Ventress looks weaker than either Han Solo or Asajj Ventress, but it provides protection against Dengar and it works even when you play it second.
Count Dooku is a terrific card. It can be used offensively, but its real strength is in allowing the re-use of single-shot objectives such as Dagobah Swamp.

Something-else worth considering is trying to make use of those :convert: units (another icon specific to the CIS). Their big problem is that they?re pretty weak overall, however it still might be possible to get some use from them by bringing in Ki-Adi Mundi. This would allow you to move 5 :star: units from the CZ into your opponent?s HZ, and then flip them into 5 :star::star: ground units ? all in the same turn...

Offline slightlyiffy

• Development Group
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 11:45:27 AM »

Thanx MM & E_Lair  + :force:  for you mates :)

I am expecting the additional icons to become more defined as unit choices become defined & I think we can all debate the pro's & cons of the various suggestions to really fill the fleet & get some synergy going.

I am hoping we can bring much more of the newer cards & units in that we haven't really seen used in decks before [although IG-100 MagnaGuard isn't particularly new !!] & I do like the chance to maybe bring the :dogfight:  icon into play. :)

I was also hoping to try & avoid using "generic" deck cards just for the effect & the almost inevitable & archetypal :bdroid: / :trooper: but rather concentrate on "flavour" cards  like Ventress & Dooku - !!!

I know it's a big task but what I'm trying for here is a fully themed CIS Battledroid fleet not necessarily uber but fun to play & featuring a fairly broad range of craft [potentially x2 rather than x3 to get the spread] the sort of fleet where x3 of the good rare cards aren't needed to have a good scrap !

I'd like TSB to field a Jedi led  :elite: :republic:  fleet & again the icon mixes would be defined by the ships fielded - I think he'd be happy with a fleet of Slave 1's but I'm hoping that we can come up with something much more interesting here :)

« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 11:55:22 AM by slightlyiffy »

Offline E_Lair

• Development Group
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 07:15:24 PM »

I was also hoping to try & avoid using "generic" deck cards just for the effect & the almost inevitable & archetypal :bdroid: / :trooper: but rather concentrate on "flavour" cards  like Ventress & Dooku - !!!

Ah well... That probably rules out Probe Droid...
However, there are still a lot of interesting cards that are thematic, including quite a few based on Dooku, Ventress and Grievous.

A few interesting thematic cards that I haven't been able to combine into a workable build yet:
Droid Command Officer - I've been wanting to use this card for ages, as it would be perfect for taking out capital ships. However, it's very difficult to get to work as there are only 3 :confed: :leader: units in the whole game...
Count Dooku - A :confed: :bdroid: :command: build would be tricky, but not impossible: certainly easier than :confed: :bdroid: :leader:, and it would fit perfectly with Nute Gunray's Neimoidian Shuttle.

CWT#55 "Asajj Vetress" [:recon: - If you destroy an opposing unit in it's HZ, your unit can get a free strike action if it survives.] - This looks good in theory, but is very difficult to get to work in practise as the existing :recon: units are rather weak (and the CIS :recon: units are even weaker than their Republic counterparts.)
CWT#18 "Captured Senator" [Objective: 13 Defense against :republic: units that don't have the :recon: icon.] - Just hope that TSB doesn't use CWT#19 "Captured Separatist"...
CWT#40 "Military Secrets" [Objective: +1 attack against :republic: units.]

The other card which I suppose we should really be considering (especially as we've been talking about Lucrehulks), is Droid Control Array...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:11:56 PM by E_Lair »

Offline slightlyiffy

• Development Group
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 04:23:08 AM »

Count Dooku - A :confed: :bdroid: :command: build would be tricky, but not impossible: certainly easier than :confed: :bdroid: :leader:

and it would fit perfectly with Nute Gunray's Neimoidian Shuttle   

Count Dooku & some other Dooku?s are worth considering:-
Count Dooku
Count Dooku
Count Dooku

Along with his tame witch Assajj Ventress

Potentially 3 helpings of Grievous:-
Grievous
Grievous

CWT59 Grievous +1 ATK   :-   :luck: Unit any  :star::star:  :confed: unit
?If your unit is not destroyed, remove all damage counters from it after the battle?

With his bodyguards:-  IG-100 MagnaGuard ... 

Nute's Shuttle could be tricky as it introduces the pesky  :ruthless:  icon - but then if it is the ONLY :ruthless: ship in the fleet it might work with  Bossk    & the  :command: icon could bring in Tide Of Progress or Voice Of Industry either of which could enjoy the benefits of Mas Amedda  who, lets face it, obviously knows some of what :palp: is up too

It could open up 88th Flight Command & 76th Flight Command but they then drift from the :bdroid: icon & introduces  :convert:  &  :airborne:  a further dilution of the theme

But it could mean that CWT56 Darth Sidious could come into play:-

CWT56 Darth Sidious  +1 DAM   :command:   ?Look at your opponents hand and choose a combat card. If your opponent has not yet played a card, he or she must play the chosen card this battle. If your opponent has already played a card, the chosen card is discarded.?

Objectives :-

Droid Control ArrayHigh Ground & Ziro?s Palace could all work well

CWT40 Military Secrets "+1 attack against  :republic:  units"
CWT39 Listening Post  "Once per turn, choose one: Look at an opposing face-down objective; OR look at your opponent's hand."   :)

Thwarted Plans    could also fit nicely ......

Offline slightlyiffy

• Development Group
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 05:31:32 AM »

For consideration from the other stuff out there :-

:bdroid:  Common & Uncommon COMBAT Cards

Droid Assault
 Tight Formation
 Chain Blast
 Droid Patrol
 Ruthless Tactics
 Strength in Numbers
 Submerged Attack
Urban Warfare
Droid Coordination
 Good Positioning
 Swarm
 Droideka
 Magna Droid
 Task Force
CWT02  ?Clankers?  +1 ATK  :bdroid:  +1 Attack.
CWT15  ?Stick Tinnies?  +1 ATK  :bdroid:  +2 attack against Jedi units.
CWT28  ?Laser Beak?  +1 ATK  :bdroid:  +2 attack against ground units.
CWT34  ?Rolling Death Balls?  +1 ATK  :bdroid:  Prevent the next 2 damage dealt to your unit.

:command:   COMBAT cards

Target the Cruisers
 Target the Fighters

Other OBJECTIVES to consider
Contested Planet
 Orders: Heavy Assault

:bdroid:  Common & Uncommon SHIPS

C78 Division AAT
Wing 76
  Wing 91
  12th Group
  15th Group
C78 Division
  C78 Division
  13th Strike Wing
CWT05a D22 Division Tank Droid [also has  :armor:  ]
+1 ATK  8 DEF  2 DAM  2 SHIELDS

Potential Capital Ship :-

Colicoid Swarm
or
Acquisitor
or
Tide of Progress XII

Offline slightlyiffy

• Development Group
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 12:17:39 PM »

All the recent discussions about tournies & decks has reminded me that this Fleet & Deck has been languishing in the development phase so, whilst TnsSB is away on his travels to foreign parts, I have been unit & card cross-checking & building in an attempt to bring a themed Fleet & Deck into life that is playable for a :confed: :bdroid: build.

Here is my current Fleet & Deck :-

:confed: Units

:star:

[sh]cw04a[/sh] C78 Division  :bdroid:  x3
[sh]cw11a[/sh] 88th Flight  :bdroid: :convert:   [sh]cw11a-gnd[/sh]   x3
[sh]cw11b[/sh] 27th Flight   :bdroid: :convert:   [sh]cw11b-gnd[/sh]   x3

:star: :star:

[sh]ga08a[/sh] C78 Division  :bdroid:  x2
[sh]ga10b[/sh] C78 Division  :bdroid:  x2
[sh]cw06a[/sh] 13th Strike Wing  :bdroid:  x2

:star: :star: :star: :star:

[sh]ga34[/sh]   L-7230   :bdroid: :transport: :turbo:  x1

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

[sh]ga36[/sh] Acquisitor   :bdroid: :carrier: :turbo:    x1

Total = 17 Units - mixed ground & space
:bdroid:   x17       +     :turbo:  x2      :convert:  x6       :carrier:   x1       :transport:   x1  

:bdroid:  COMBAT Cards   [ x17 ]

GA

[c]ga014[/c]   x3
[c]ga033[/c]   x2
[c]ga049[/c]   x1
[c]ga054[/c]   x2
[c]ga066[/c]   x3
[c]ga086[/c]   x1

O66

[c]o037[/c]  x2

CW

[c]cw009[/c]  x2

CWT

CWT34  ?Rolling Death Balls?  +1 ATK :bdroid: Prevent the next 2 damage dealt to your unit.    x1

:luck: Combat Cards  [ x1 ]

CWT

CWT59 Grievous +1 ATK   :-    :luck:  Unit any  :star: :star:  :confed:      unit
?If your unit is not destroyed, remove all damage counters from it after the battle?    x1

:transport: Combat Cards  [ x1 ]

GA

[c]ga046[/c]  x2

OBJECTIVES   [ x10 ]

[c]ga040[/c]   x2
[c]ga076[/c]   x2
[c]ga101[/c]   x2
[c]cw074[/c]   x2
[c]cw107[/c]   x2

Total =  30 Cards

:bdroid:  x17
:luck:  x1
:transport:  x2

Objectives = 10

:convert:  units have been constructed in both configurations & I have to admit I?m not completely happy that there are so few :confed:   /  :bdroid:   :carrier:  &  :transport:  cards of the Call For Help ilk so I have constructed a predominantly  :bdroid:  combat card deck with only 10 Objective cards split over 5 Objectives & only 1 of which is a Forward Objective - I've justified using Theed Royal Palace as it is occupied by the Trade Federation during Ep 1 but couldn't justify Battle of Bothawui or any STAPS.

It?s not perfect that?s for sure but I?m hoping it is playable & will now endeavour to construct a similarly playable  :elite:  Fleet & Deck to pitch it against.

[25/08/13] .... it has so far worked well in playtesting against a :republic: :elite: build ...... more playtesting to come ......

Discussion, suggestions, additions/removals welcomed.  :)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:18:42 PM by slightlyiffy »