Author Topic: 2013 Star Wars Unit Design Contest (Contest Closed)  (Read 1082 times)

Offline gethralkin

• Administrator
  • Force: 138
  • "Hey... It's me!"
    • Star Wars PocketModel TCG Online
2013 Star Wars Unit Design Contest (Contest Closed)
« on: May 04, 2013, 02:01:48 AM »
2013 Star Wars Unit Design Contest

In honor of National Star Wars Day, the Star Wars PocketModels Official Website is sponsoring the first contest in a long time since the last one. Well, to kick-start this one off, what better time to do so than on May the Fourth? Most Star Wars fans plan to spend today watching a marathon of the original trilogy (or maybe even try to squeeze in all six films). However, just one day is not enough for some of us to spend entertaining ourselves with Mr. Lucas' most widely recognized cinematic creations.

Therefore, the Official Star Wars PocketModels website will be launching this contest and running it all month beginning today. So, put on your thinking caps and get your creative juices flowing, because this is all about your Star Wars creations.

PREMISE:
Post pictures of your own finished custom SWPM units to this topic and a panel selection and community vote will decide the winners.

RULES:
1) KEEP IT REAL! To discourage Photoshop (non-physical or virtual) entries, the image needs to show your finished unit next to your hand holding a business card, piece of paper, etc., with your legibly handwritten, clearly visible (out-of-focus, indecipherable entries will be discarded) SWPM Forum user name (see rule 2, below).
2) JOIN ME, AND TOGETH... (huh? oh, right, sorry, got carried away).
JOIN THE COMMUNITY. If you don't already have one, register a SWPocketModels Community Forum user account (posting an entry requires membership).
3) VALID EMAIL. Registration is only valid if you use an email account associated with your account (you do want us to let you know if you won, after all, don't you?).
2) NO EXISTING DESIGNS. Entries may use parts from actual SWPM units, but overall assembly should not be an already existing design (sorry, no X-wings, TIE Fighters, etc., we have enough of those).
3) NO PLAYING CARDS. Units only.
4) ASSEMBLY MUST BE AS IF FROM BOOSTER OFF SHELF. Make sure that the only thing that holds your finished model together is the slots and grooves that connect the pieces (glue may only be used to help secure slots that might come loose - those of us with tauntauns will understand). Pieces must be able to fit on 1 to 2 sheets of 3.5"x5" sheets, OR (in light of the future the game was going) on a single 5"x7" sheet. Use icons and abilities already present in the game.
5) TAKE MULTIPLE VIEWS. We would like to see your unit from several angles (e.g. front, back, side, top), so that we can better select our winners.*
6) UPLOAD ENTRY. Either:
a) use the img button () in your entry post to insert photo-hosting site links of your unit images,
b) or Attach your unit images to the entry (see Attachment instructions below). Include the unit's stats in your Reply.

NOTE: Please only post your entry submissions in this thread. Please post discussions about the contest in the Contest Discussion thread. Thanks!

Attachment Instructions
How to attach images:
When you make a post, click on Additional Options. A list of choices will drop down that include tools for file attachments.
Valid image files for this contest are jpg or png, and must be less than 2000 KB.
Only 4 files per post are allowed.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:53:35 AM by gethralkin »

Offline toco

• Recruit
  • Force: 2
Re: 2013 Star Wars Unit Design Contest
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 03:41:57 AM »
I'm in!

I'll goto Episode V and visit Hoth ...

The Golan Arms DF.9 anti-infantry battery:

(All official parts of SW Pocket Models.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:51:42 AM by toco »

Offline Paul Larcom

• Recruit
  • Force: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 11:43:42 PM »
This is my Star Wars The Clone Wars Malevolence Pocket Model. I designed and built it myself out of stireene and painted with acrylic. I ran out of time painting it but the stats are Attack: +4 Damage: 9 Defense: 11 Shields: 8
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:25:02 PM by Paul Larcom »

Offline Donosis

• Development Group
  • Force: 40
  • Galaxy .ent "Your Galactic supplier."
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 10:43:44 PM »

I read the rules on May 4th, and I either missed or it wasn't on there the part about it being a "booster ready" ship. So there went 2 months of design and play testing. Ah well. Today I cranked out my official submission; Nyna Calixte's TIE Predator. Stats are;

Nyna Calixte?s
TIE Predator
Attack: +3
Defense: 10
Damage: 2
Shields: 2
:star: :star:
:leader: :trooper:
Rarity: Rare

I was thinking if this came in a pack, it would either come with two "wingmen" or with one wingman and two enemy fighters (also rare obviously).

I've built this ship before, and while I had pictures all ready of my original submission, I cannot find my card reader (to upload pics to my computer) so I'm forced to use my old pictures (from this site). If that's alright. Construction hasn't changed, however, I built these to be made without damaging Pocketmodels. If the design wins, things like the "tail" can be cut off to make a more "correct" design. I really hate destroying Pocketmodels.
"In these times, a smile from a Jedi is a hopeful sign."―Cal Omas
"I'm in control. I make the rules now." - Cad Bane
"Jedi, huh? My fee just went up. A lot." - Cad Bane
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one." - Skipper

Offline Donosis

• Development Group
  • Force: 40
  • Galaxy .ent "Your Galactic supplier."
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 10:46:00 PM »
So apparently I'm running into the same problem I did when I originally posted these, their too large. This is the third picture, plus one from the comic to show what they actually look like (so you can see how genius I am/was!)
"In these times, a smile from a Jedi is a hopeful sign."―Cal Omas
"I'm in control. I make the rules now." - Cad Bane
"Jedi, huh? My fee just went up. A lot." - Cad Bane
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one." - Skipper