Author Topic: Official Friend of the Wookieepedia  (Read 555 times)

Offline gethralkin

• Administrator
  • Force: 139
  • "Hey... It's me!"
    • Star Wars PocketModel TCG Online
Official Friend of the Wookieepedia
« on: May 23, 2013, 06:10:56 PM »
Check out the top of the page in the announcements on Wookieepedia:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

You will notice that we are being considered once again for an Official Friend association with the Wookieepedia. While I chose to put in this nomination now at end of Spring to hopefully catch more of the Star Wars Wiki editors' attentions (previous attempts were done during times that most persons have been busy with school or work schedules), Wookieepedia administrator "Master Jonathan" has been kind enough to take it a step further and broadcast the request publicly on the Star Wars Wiki so that it does not escape notice this time.

If you are a qualified Wookieepedia editor, please take the time to visit the Official Friend Nomination Page and put in your vote for or against:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Official_Friends_of_Wookieepedia/Nominations

Voting qualifications (understandably, to prevent people from getting hundreds of friends to vote Idol-style):
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Single-issue_voters

EDIT: The nomination passed and the site is now an Official Friend of the Wookieepedia!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:06:00 AM by gethralkin »

Offline ender4449

• Jedi Knight
  • Force: 22
Re: Official Friend of the Wookieepedia Nomination
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:44:27 AM »
Well as much as I would vote for us I do not have the required number of edits. Here's to us though.
"Fix it 'till it breaks" -^^

Offline stlnprfln

• Development Group
  • Force: 56
  • Woo Woo Woo... You Know It.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 10:55:19 AM »
I don't know if I qualify. I got over 100 edits but I don't understand the productivity part of it. Also, personally I think this would be cool, but a lot of the guys who do a lot of work on that site come off as butthead jackasses. Just sayin.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 03:08:27 PM by stlnprfln »

2013 SWPM WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!

I made the 12 hour drive. I showed up to the tournament. I was undefeated. Prove me wrong!!!

Offline stlnprfln

• Development Group
  • Force: 56
  • Woo Woo Woo... You Know It.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 02:23:36 AM »
We got 14 yays & 3 nays so far & today is the last day of voting. I love how you hold your own with some of those arrogant jerk wads geth. You are DA MAN home slice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013 SWPM WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!

I made the 12 hour drive. I showed up to the tournament. I was undefeated. Prove me wrong!!!

Offline gethralkin

• Administrator
  • Force: 139
  • "Hey... It's me!"
    • Star Wars PocketModel TCG Online
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 03:24:40 AM »
We got 14 yays & 3 nays so far & today is the last day of voting. I love how you hold your own with some of those arrogant jerk wads geth. You are DA MAN home slice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol. Thank you for your support. Many of the votes are all from ones with whom I have respect, and I expected a well-thought out consideration either for or against. The negative comment from a non-voter was expected but not on that nomination page. I suspect it was to try to sway voting, but all it did was really show a petty attitude.

Other than that, I appreciate all the votes from those that participated. It certainly was nice that the consensus was to elect this site as a friend of the Wookieepedia!