Author Topic: Suggestions For Site Updating  (Read 785 times)

Offline stlnprfln

• Development Group
  • Force: 55
  • Woo Woo Woo... You Know It.
Suggestions For Site Updating
« on: May 24, 2013, 03:13:12 PM »
Ok, I am gonna get real specific with regards to the things I see that need fixing with the main site, not the forums. I was told to put this here as a suggestion. In my opinion we need to get this site updated quickly to keep from looking like a half dead site. Here is what I see:

1. There is no actual home button or link that takes you to the main SWPM page. A link that goes to just www.swpocketmodels.com is needed.

2. On the homepage itself, I think the recent news should be updated. (Also noted by someone at Wookieepedia) All the old news should be deleted as most of the links are dead anyway. I would keep the closing of WK announcement as the oldest bit of news, but getting rid of the ones that are older than that & putting actual recent news would be good. All the other links work & the rest of the homepage layout looks good.

3. The Buy or Products page looks good except I would suggest losing the where to buy part & store finder. The rest looks good, but adding CWT would be good also.

4. The build page looks great. You may wanna add CWT if they have any different ships than CW but that is very minor.

5. The play page is good except for the rules pdfs & the FAQ links. All of those need fixing.

6. The Gallery looks good, just needs CWT.

7. The Community page needs much work. When you click the community button on the top of the page, the page it brings up is the official news article page. Only 3 of those links work. Those 3, in my opinion, could be kept or deleted, either wouldn't make too much difference. The Official Forums link needs to go & I think the official media should be just media. In fact getting rid of any distinction between community & official would make more sense. The media we have on the official media link is very good however, & we should strive to add more videos of SWPM. On the community news articles page, all the tierfon links are dead. All the other ones look good & are great info. All the links on the downloads page seem to work, but I would move the video to the media page. The community forums link works fine of course.

8. The help page only needs the WK forum link removed & the WK title as well.

9. The flash animation on the top of all of the pages has a link which goes to the oops page. It needs fixing & might be the ideal place to have the homepage link.

That's all I see that needs to be cleaned up. Sorry if it comes off bossy but I am just trying to help & maybe this "fixit" list will help in getting the main site updated when you guys get a chance. It at least puts all the problems in a neat easy to access reference for you guys.

2013 SWPM WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!

I made the 12 hour drive. I showed up to the tournament. I was undefeated. Prove me wrong!!!

Offline stlnprfln

• Development Group
  • Force: 55
  • Woo Woo Woo... You Know It.
Re: Suggestions For Site Updating
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 02:41:25 AM »
Site still needs updating.

2013 SWPM WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!

I made the 12 hour drive. I showed up to the tournament. I was undefeated. Prove me wrong!!!

Offline gethralkin

• Administrator
  • Force: 138
  • "Hey... It's me!"
    • Star Wars PocketModel TCG Online
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 03:20:06 PM »
Yes. Yes it does. Need to get Gen Con stuff sent off first, then I can worry about site stuff. But I want to try to do some before the Con.

Offline commandmaster

• Jedi
  • Force: 3
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 08:48:17 PM »
a cool update could be a web play area or a qm play area
∞ FORCE UNENDING  ∞

Offline slightlyiffy

• Development Group
  • Force: 56
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 05:28:25 AM »
Ok, I am gonna get real specific with regards to the things I see that need fixing with the main site, not the forums. ........... maybe this "fixit" list will help in getting the main site updated when you guys get a chance. It at least puts all the problems in a neat easy to access reference for you guys.

Some well thought out tidy ups there mate, wish I could help with that.

Away from the main site, currently the main problem I am encountering with the Forums is some ship pop-up functionality failing in all sets, cards seem to be OK as do "in-place" ship images as you will see from the examples below:-

Clone Wars

#30 Padme Amidala?s Nubian Yacht

#118 R2-D2

[sh]cw30[/sh]

Scum & Villainy

#15 Slave 1

#54 Boba Fett

#57 Jango Fett

[sh]sv15[/sh]

Order 66

#15 Tantive IV

#56 Emperor Palpatine