Author Topic: 501st Legion Theme Fleet  (Read 793 times)

Offline slightlyiffy

• Development Group
  • Force: 56
501st Legion Theme Fleet
« on: August 25, 2013, 12:53:32 PM »
      ............ It is the early days of the Clone Wars & the Jedi Council in Coruscant have ordered Anakin Skywalker to take elements of the 501st Legion led by Captain Rex & patrol deep into the Outer Rim territories for any signs of Separatist incursion ..........

Skywalker Carrier Fleet   :republic: (The beginnings of Vaders Fist?)

Units

[sh]cw36[/sh] Resolute  x1
 :command: :carrier: :turbo:  :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

[sh]cw19b[/sh] Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter  x1
 :command: :dogfight:  :star: :star:

[sh]cw01a[/sh] 501st Legion AT-RT  x2
 :elite:   :star:

[sh]cw01c[/sh] 501st Legion AT-RT  x2
 :elite:   :star:

CWT15a  ATK +2  8 DEF  2 DAM  2 SHIELDS
501st Legion Clone Artillery  x1

:elite:     :star: :star: :star:    

[sh]cw31[/sh] 501st Legion Republic Gunship  x2
 :elite: :airborne: :transport:   :star: :star: :star:

[sh]cw33[/sh] 501st Legion Attack Shuttle  x2
 :transport: :dogfight:  :star: :star: :star:

[sh]cw13[/sh] 501st Legion AT-TE x1
 :elite: :armor: :transport:   :star: :star: :star: :star:

Total  =  12 units  /  30  :star:

:republic:  = all units
:elite:  =  8 units
:transport:  =  5 units
:command:  =  2 units
:dogfight:  =  3 units
:airborne:  =  2 units
=  1 unit
:carrier:  =  1 unit
:turbo:  =  1 unit
:armor:  =  1 unit

Combat Cards  x 9/17

:elite:

[c]o016[/c] x3
[c]o030[/c] x2  
[c]o041[/c] x2  
[c]sv022[/c] x2  
[c]cw088[/c] x1  

:transport:

[c]ga065[/c] x3

:dogfight:

[c]cw109[/c]  x2

:command:

[c]cw084[/c] x1  

:force:

[c]084[/c] x1

Objectives  x10/13

[c]074[/c]  x1
[c]108[/c]  x2
[c]109[/c]  x2
[c]sv039[/c]  x1
[c]cw075[/c]  x1
[c]cw076[/c]  x2
[c]cw102[/c]  x1                                      
[c]cw104[/c]  x1                                      
[c]cw105[/c]  x1                                      
[c]cw106[/c]  x1                                      

Total = 30 Cards  ?  17 Combat / 13 Objective

:elite:    x5/x10
 :transport:    x1/x3
 :dogfight:    x1/x2
 :command:    x1/x1
 :force:    x1/x1

After a suggestion from E_Lair in a  :confed:  fleet discussion about  :dogfight:  units & after working on the  :republic: :elite:  build I found I really wanted to try & make a 501st  themed fleet with :dogfight: & but that sort of turned into a heavy  :elite:  /  :transport:   build that I couldn?t put as many  :dogfight:  units in as I would have liked but did manage to squeeze in some  & CWT units!

Again I've tried to use cards, combat & objective, that are relatively in theme in title/picture & effect.

I'm working on a :confed: fleet that also has :dogfight: & elements, so hopefully a themed playtest for these 2 decks soon - the previous :bdroid: :confed: fleet stood well against the :republic: :elite: build but I had to drop Cody from the 501st build & try & bring in :dogfight: cards etc. I like them both & am looking forwards to the playtesting - the :confed: fleet "Nute Gunrays Revenge" will be posted soon - after a "final" card tweak & playtest !!!   :)

[edit]: Had to drop Commander Gree [CWT043 card] as couldn't find evidence of his having operated with the 501st & dropped both copies of Combat Drop card in favour of another Reinforcements & boosted the :elite: cards with another 501st Legion which seemed apt & another Tactical Deployment.

As always, comments/discussions/additions/removals welcomed  :)

:fett:

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:50:08 PM by slightlyiffy »
............. "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

:fett:  Trades here for my 10 11 12 13 14 15 year old's battle fleets  :maul:

Offline el camacho

• Recruit
  • Force: 2
Re: 501st Legion Theme Fleet
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 07:35:39 PM »
I love these theme decks you are making.  It is a big help as I am in the middle of making about 8 myself for quick play.

Thanks very much for your work.

Offline slightlyiffy

• Development Group
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 07:46:26 AM »

........... It is a big help as I am in the middle of making about 8 myself for quick play.............

That's kool thanx  :)  have some  :force:

Despite taker longer than I had initially thought [mainly due to the unit construction prior to card finalisation] these fleets have been designed with quick play in mind & each fleet & deck now has it's own SWPM Tin for storage/carrying - I will try & get some Tin & "in game" photos when we get to playtest this latest fleet against the 501st !!!

Will you post your quick play fleets here as it would be great to see them for us all to enjoy??   :)

Cheers  :)

Offline el camacho

• Recruit
  • Force: 2
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 11:17:51 AM »
I would love to post some when I get them flushed out.  Though I will be limited by my card availability, especially objectives.   

I'm still very new to the game, so everything is a learning experience at this point. 

Question:  the combat drop card.  How do you plan to use it in this deck?  It sounds like the "carrier" unit and the ground unit each take two damage, but maybe units with the shield icon lower this by 1?

Offline slightlyiffy

• Development Group
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 02:01:54 PM »

I would love to post some when I get them flushed out.  Though I will be limited by my card availability, especially objectives.  

I'm still very new to the game, so everything is a learning experience at this point.  

That's good :)  But don't worry too much about what you do & don't have - just work on builds that can sync well or can hold the theme/flavour that you are looking for - sometimes you know that at least 1 objective card slot is a "cycling" slot for 1 shot use etc   :)

Question:  the combat drop card.  How do you plan to use it in this deck?  It sounds like the "carrier" unit and the ground unit each take two damage, but maybe units with the shield icon lower this by 1?

yeah that damage transfer is a bit of a killer & the deck could really do with some damage removal cards to ease the pain BUT the :armor: on the AT-TE sweetens it a bit by stopping 1 damage - I had included the other 501st AT-TE [4 shields] in the trial build but its lack of armor was the overall factor in dropping it in favour of more carriers - with only 12 units in the fleet already I needed to keep all the AT-RT's I could!!

[edit]: Had to drop Commander Gree [CWT043 card] as couldn't find evidence of his having operated with the 501st & dropped both copies of Combat Drop card in favour of another Reinforcements & boosted the :elite: cards with another 501st Legion which seemed apt & another Tactical Deployment.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:59:31 PM by slightlyiffy »