Author Topic: Consular Ship & Combat Cards as Objectives  (Read 1227 times)

Offline yodafett04

• Jedi
  • Force: 10
  • "Respect the past, Affect the future."-Spirit Wing
Consular Ship & Combat Cards as Objectives
« on: August 18, 2007, 08:48:50 PM »
Ok, so my friend and I played a game not to long ago. Early in the game, my Picador Group and his Squad 7 (v-wing) battled it out. I played the card "Consular Ship", luck:unit any, which says "when your unit would take damage, roll a die. On a 5 or a 6, it is not damaged instead." Well, we both ended up scoring hits on each other, and dealt enough damage to kill each other. However, we weren't sure if my Picador Group would be destroyed, because in order to destroy a unit, you have to deal damage. If this is so, then the damage is nullified by Consular Ship, and it isn't destroyed. Is this correct, or is Picador Group Destroyed? We continued with Picador not being destroyed, and my friends Squad 7 was saved by his Jedi Temple Objective, so nothing really changed.
   My other question is if a combat card is in play as an objective, do the combat bonuses and/or abilities apply to combat or strikes?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 11:03:39 PM by gethralkin »

-"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"-Wash-Serenity

Offline fanaticopposition

• Jedi Master
  • Force: 100
  • "+ force happens"
Re: Consular Ship & Combat Cards as Objectives
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 12:12:01 AM »

You are correct...the unit takes no damage and is not destroyed.

A combat card that is currently an objective does not apply any of its abilities to anything...the only thing that matters is it's defense number and reserve build stars.

Hey, buddy, I lost my legs in the Clone Wars, can ya spare a little force?

For help and links go to the <a href="http://swpocketmodels.com/forum/index.php?topic=790.0 "> Jedi Temple [/url]

Offline CaptAntilles

• Jedi Master
  • Force: 58
  • "This is a consular ship..."
    • The Jedi Temple (Help For New Members!)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 12:15:45 AM »
A combat card as an objective has no other affect besides its Objective Defense and, if destroyed, Build Stars.  Also, once revealed as the result of a strike, if not destroyed, it is discarded and replace by the top card of your deck played face down.  So combat cards in objective slots only remain revealed for the duration of a single strike.  If your opponent is striking with five ships, you would go through five combat cards in the objective slot unless one is destroyed or an objective card is turned up first.

Offline fanaticopposition

• Jedi Master
  • Force: 100
  • "+ force happens"
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 12:22:32 AM »
A combat card as an objective has no other affect besides its Objective Defense and, if destroyed, Build Stars.  Also, once revealed as the result of a strike, if not destroyed, it is discarded and replace by the top card of your deck played face down.  So combat cards in objective slots only remain revealed for the duration of a single strike.  If your opponent is striking with five ships, you would go through five combat cards in the objective slot unless one is destroyed or an objective card is turned up first.

There you go...a little more clear explanation...thats what I wanted to say LOL

Hey, buddy, I lost my legs in the Clone Wars, can ya spare a little force?

For help and links go to the <a href="http://swpocketmodels.com/forum/index.php?topic=790.0 "> Jedi Temple [/url]

Offline yodafett04

• Jedi
  • Force: 10
  • "Respect the past, Affect the future."-Spirit Wing
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 09:23:21 AM »
OK, thanks

-"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"-Wash-Serenity